So I got it in my head, once I got all those Guardians of the Galaxy figures, that i wanted to create that weird lounging group shot that appears at the tail end of the movie. If you don’t know what i’m talking about, here it is.
But here’s the thing. All nine figures wouldn’t fit in my photo box. I tried, multiple times over multiple days, to get two shots - Cosmo through Star-Lord, then Nebula through Drax, that I could stitch together, but it steadfastly refused to work out. So I gave up. Sort of.
See, I knew I was gonna get a new, bigger photo tent for some very specific post-Holiday style of photos. So I ordered it. And put it together. And watched the cats go insane in, around and on it. And once they were “done”, to the extent cats are ever done, I spent over three hours trying to get a workale shot, which you see above with only minimal cleanup.
See, as I’ve mentioned in the past, my eyes don’t work for shit. So often, I’ll set up figures, take the picture, get the picture from my iPhone to my iPad, and only there will I be able to see a problem. In this case, certain figures shifting so they were tilted or slumped so the heads were in the wrong place. Which meant starting over : fixing the poses, taking the pictures, getting them on the iPad, checking for flaws. Lather, rinse, repeat. For an entire Saturday morning.
But I got it. My paean to the sunk cost fallacy. In for a penny, in for a pound, as it were. Let’s hope no single shot is that much work again.
By the way, man, would I have killed for some great butterfly joints in like half of these damn figures. But you go to war with the articulation you have, not the articulation you wish you had. Also, as much as I like Vol. 2 Gamora’s coat, we won’t go into the lengths I had to go to to get Mantis and Star-Lord’s heads to lift slightly to match as best I could . iBut there were lengths. Oh, there were lengths.