Sunday, January 29, 2023

PLASTIC GIFTS: Excalibur, Tony Schiavone

One more post after this and I'll be caught up on 2022's acquisitions and... can start in on 2023, which started slowly but is accelerating as some more preorders come home to roost and targets of opportunity present themselves.

These are the Ringside Collectibles exclusive AEW announcer figures, Tony Schiavone and Excalibur. They join Tax in my announcer collection. They also make a JR, but, and I say this with all due respect to a legend, fuck Jim Ross. Not a fan, don't need a figure of him, no matter how much I want a third chair.

Because, as you can see here, these two both come with announcer's chairs. Tax did not come with an announcer's chair, presumably because his RUBBER JACKET MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO SIT IN IT. But the chairs themselves are awesome high-backed office chair sculpts and they're like 40% of the reason I wanted these announcers. The other 60% is because I'ma huge fan of Excalibur and Schivone is both harmless and useful (something you'll see when and if the Grand Project ever gets finished and posted). 

Beyond that, well, they're dudes in suits with standard Jazwares articulation and quality. They're fine. I like them. And if I end up getting the newly announced AEW announcer's table set from Ringside I'll like them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment